Frequently Asked Questions
*Always talk to me if you have any concerns before a procedure. Please bring up any and all questions during consultation.
If any of the below listed possibilities apply to you, unfortunately I cannot perform Fibroblast Plasma treatment on you, please don’t lie or go to anyone else. If they will still do the treatment without mentioning the below – it’s not going to turn out very well for a multitude of reasons. This is important!
You cannot be treated if:
· You are prone to keloid scars
· You are taking steroids and can’t stop for minimum of two weeks prior to treatment
· You’re using topical (anything) with retinol or Sodium PCA and again, can’t stop a minimum of two weeks prior to treatment
– Steriods, Sodium PCA and Retinol are heat activated and can cause swelling (I actually did this to myself, I missed Sodium PCA in my face cream – it wasn’t fun, but the good news is, I’m fine and it was only swollen two days). All the pics you see on line where people are swollen like crazy, more than likely that is why. Again, the good news is it only lasts for a couple days, the bad news is, it’s very uncomfortable.
– Retinol includes synthetic retinol which has many names, so please make sure to look for them all: Acon, Afaxin, Agiolan, Alphalin, Anatola, Aoral, Apexol, Apostavit, Atav, Avibon, Avita, Avitol, Axerol, Dohyfral A, Epiteliol, Nio-A-Let, Prepalin, Testavol, Vaflol, Vi-Alpha, Vitpex, Vogan, and Vogan-Neu
· If you have a pacemaker or any other medical device with an electrical current
· Anyone with metal plates, pins or other metal implants – I’m using a plasma pen, it’s an electric arc – metal will shock you repeatedly
· Cardio-vascular deficiencies including severe uncontrolled blood pressure
· If you have diabetes, healing disorders or are taking blood thinners
· Current or recent hemorrhaging
· Malignancy and chemotherapy in the past 3 years.
· If you suffer from auto-immune disease or other illnesses which affect the immune system
· If you are pregnant or breastfeeding
If any of these were in the not too distant past, we may be able to proceed with precautions, but please consult your physician first, as I will need a note stating it is safe.
However, please reach out to discuss with me prior to contacting physician so that I can answer any questions you may have so you can chat with your doctor knowing the facts.
And what is an FPT (Fibroblast Plasma Treatment)?
Fibroblast tightening treatment is a perfected and revolutionary method for skin rejuvenation, revitalization and anti-aging. The term “Soft Surgery” (aka non-surgical, non-invasive) is used to describe the treatment because it delivers results similar to surgery, with no scalpel, stitches or bandages and with minimal downtime.
Fibroblasts and fibrocytes are two states of the same cells, the former being the activated state, the latter the dormant state. When our skin starts to lose laxity and the collagen starts to break down causing wrinkles, dehydration (less plump) and a more fragile (thin) state, in short – usually it is due to the amount of fibrocytes versus fibroblasts (of course overall health and a variance of both internal and external factors also play a role).
FPT is a non-invasive, painless procedure with minimal downtime and maximum results! The plasma arc zaps energetically through all layers of skin, sounding a wake-up call (so-to-speak). The internal (dermis and hypodermis) process that happens over a period of 6-12 weeks is; a reactivation of the fibrocytes revitalizing into fibroblasts, which in turn stimulate collagen growth as well as the rejuvenation and regeneration of elasticity and overall microbiological and cellular activity in the treated and closely surrounding areas.
This in turn rejuvenates and revitalizes the epidermis layer (topical) in the treated areas overall, subtly and continuously over a short period of time (6-12 weeks) and lasting up to four years (similar to most invasive procedures), which is much better than the lasting results from injections. There is actually a great number of regular injectors that have stopped after getting fibroblast plasma treatments.
For a visual of this and a little deeper dive, please take a look at the Science Behind It
Plasma Fibroblast Skin Rejuvenation Procedures are relatively new in North America, but have been safely and effectively performed in Europe for many years.
The non-invasive treatments have increased in popularity due to its many advantages over surgery, mainly allowing you to get back to “business as usual” in a fraction of the time.
The precision device works by utilizing the voltage in the air between its tip and the skin to form a plasma charge that instantly shrinks the targeted skin. This micro-trauma stimulates new collagen (neocollagenesis). The tissue retraction and tightening gives results that are comparable to invasive surgery. A series of tiny brown spots placed in unique and strategically placed patterns to attain desired results.
The skin around the spot tightens pulling the cells closer together. It’s the only non-surgical treatment to reduce the excess skin instantly and successfully, while exhibiting continuously increasing results subtly over time.
I am honestly amazed quite often, and I look forward to amazing you!
For more info: Science behind Fibroblast Plasma & Healing and What to Expect
Simply put, almost any area of skin on the outside of your body.
For a list of treatment areas and pricing, please see the Services page.
Regardless of age, gender, color, what kind of music you listen to, what color your hair is, what language you speak, alien, human..
Anyone that is a good candidate can receive Fibroblast Plasma, for more info see: Fitzpatrick Scale or the Top portion of this FAQ page
As Fibroblast is more than a simple tightening treatment, the effects should last as long as they would with invasive surgery, 3-5 years and in some cases much longer (10+) as the rejuvenation process and spreading of fibroblast activation continues through the first year after treatment.
Like all surgical and cosmetic procedures, the effects are ultimately dependent upon lifestyle factors, such as:
– Water intake
– Food intake
– Overall health
– Alcohol consumption
– Prolonged sun exposure
However, as stated above, the results have been known to last for many years. The positive effects of treatment will be noticeable immediately after the first treatment, while subtly and gradually increasing over the next 12 months.
See you soon!
Plasma Fibroblast Skin Rejuvenation has been shown to be a safe and non-invasive procedure when done by a fully certified and experienced technician.
However, as with most cosmetic procedures, patients are likely to experience some minor side effects within the first ten days after treatment.
Of course dots. . . (tiny scabs on the top of the skin in treatment area). This is the result of scabbing and will flake away normally within 3-8 days, exposing a fresh layer of healthy new skin.
Some patients will also experience 2-5 days of minor irritation, redness and/or swelling, especially with eyelid treatment. Please note: there is no damage to surrounding areas or deeper skin layers.
To avoid side effects: follow the pre-treatment and aftercare instructions given to you prior to, during and after your treatment – exactly.
Full disclosure: on rare occasions the dots take longer to fade, though not to worry they will indeed fade. The trade off is all the effects of the the fibroblast plasma treatment: smaller pours, tighter and brighter skin, rejuvenated and revitalized fibroblasts and ultimately like I said, the dots will fade, it’s just in rare cases. I was actually one of these people, and I did extensive research to find the odds seem to be somewhere int he ballpark of 1 in 1000 people. Though, my fine lines are gone, my indention line is gone, my pours are back to basically being smooth skin, so for me it wasn’t that big of a deal plus I wear makeup anyway. Honestly they passed easily as freckles as they only lasted in a few random areas.
The number of treatments needed will vary according to the condition of the area being treated, as results vary dependent upon the following:
– Overall skin condition
– Skin’s laxity
– Desired degree of correction
– Skins responsiveness to treatment
Most clients see results instantly with visible continued improvement over the course of the following 8-12 weeks and subtle continued improvement over the course of 12 months. Additional skin rejuvenation procedures can be done to intensify results, although it is uncommon to see a need for more than 2 procedures in any one treatment area aside of follow up treatments to continue to rejuvenate fibroblast that go into dormant states.
Please Note: Same area Skin Revitalization Procedures must be scheduled at least eight to ten (8-10) weeks apart.
Avoid any kind of tanning 2 to 4 weeks before your treatment, including:
– Spray tanning
– Tanning injections
– Sun tanning
– Tanning beds
– Tanning cream, foam or lotion
– Nothing that makes your skin darker in any way
Ideally, you should try to use SPF5O to prep your skin for 2 to 4 weeks before your treatment, especially if you tan easily.
Avoid any other type of procedures on the same area which you intend to have treated with Plasma Pen, such as:
– Laser therapy
– Chemical peels
– Any type of injections, enhancements, or treatments of any kind
As this may prevent your treatment being performed and the deposit is non-refundable. If you forfeit your appointment by being ill-prepared, Dot Obsession, is not responsible or accountable, nor are we required to provide services. So if you schedule a service, please please please follow the instructions. We thank you in advance.
– No facial acids (Retin A, salicylic, glycolic) 14 days before or 21 days after Plasma Pen.
– No Botox or fillers 21 days before or after Plasma Pen.
– No Micro needling/PRP 21 days before or after Plasma Pen.
– No laser treatments or peels (depending on intensity of peel) for 90 days before or after Plasma Pen.
– Surgical procedures like face lifts you must wait at least 90 days postop before Plasma Pen treatments on scars.
– Night before it is best to take an antihistamine (yes, like what you would take for allergies, unless you’re allergic) as this will help with inflammation and redness.
– Upon arrival: we will again discuss treatment, procedure and aftercare, take before photos , pay remaining balance and then begin procedure preparations.
– I’ll cleanse treatment area and depending on the amount of hair, possibly thread
– Once skin is clear, I’ll apply a numbing agent to the treatment area. While we wait for the cream to penetrate and numb your skin (30-45min) we usually give you tea and massage scalp and hands.
– Once you’ve been tested and we are in agreement that your skin is prepped and ready for the treatment, we will begin.
– Depending on specified treatment plan and size of area(s), this may last anywhere from 30min to half the day.
– Once we have completed the procedure(s) we’ll prep treated area for aftercare: LED treatment, and hyaluronic hydrating treatment
– We will schedule follow up and for photos as well as further treatments if needed
– We’ll go over continued after-care treatment plan, make sure you fully understand directives. Depending on whether you come to me, or I do service in your home you may leave with a bag of aftercare or I’ll leave it with you.
Call to schedule your consult now!
See you soon 🙂
You will be given after care instructions post treatment. We will go over everything with you and make sure all your questions are answered before you leave. Following the provided aftercare protocol ensures an expedient and efficient healing process. Follow up treatment if needed may be scheduled/performed at 8-10 weeks, depending on your skin’s healing.
Please reach out to discuss and set up your free consultation today!
Do not use makeup after the treatment, as in general, makeup is not sterile. Best practices are you refrain from wearing makeup through the first 5-6 days after the treatment. Until your dots have completely and organically shed (no picking please), continue aftercare routine. Once your skin is dot free, you may apply some makeup if necessary.
For some that heal fast the treated skin has seen a renewal phase within 3-4 days. But we don’t recommend putting anything scented, tinted, or hard to remove on the treated area until after the renewal phase aka your dots are gone.
NOTE: Dots must expel/fall off on their own, please do not attempt to pick or scrub them in order to wear makeup sooner as this may induce adverse effects. Just be patient, trust me – it’s worth it.
Please reach out to discuss and set up your free consultation today!
Terms & Conditions
- All appointments require the following prior to schedule:
- Consultation, virtual or in person
- 20% deposit for local clients, 50% for national travel
- Deposit is Non-Refundable
- No-shows or excessive reschedules (3+) forfeit deposit
- I respect confidentiality and will ONLY post before/after pics on social with your permission
- Note: all combined services receive 15% discount
- All return clients receive 20% loyalty discount
- Follow me on social (links below) to stay up to date with current specials, deals, travel plans or upcoming events
- I will soon have a location, but will always be available for house calls